The Holy Ghost will work with you and change you and help you know what you can change in your family.
Previous Class member: The reason I keep coming back is because as I come to class and prepare myself and I’m ready I receive inspiration on how I change my family.
Previous Class member: I have found that my kids change faster than I do. Parenting the away I parent I’m not keeping up with them. If I come back when we have a shift in the family I can relearn where the kids are at.
Previous Class member: I see all the places I messed up with my oldest. I’m trying to find places to fix that. I feel better after coming. Things go smoother even if I don’t do the homework.
You are more focused on Parenting even if you are coming and not doing the homework.
Life is crazy on a different level for different reasons. I used to think if I could just get them out of diapers it would be great. Mine are all gone now. I’m still just thinking how can I help them and influence them for good. It doesn’t ever go away it just changes.
When you have a 2 year old that is misbehaving you are still the boss. When you have a 17 year old misbehaving they are the boss. In these younger years you build that relationship and set that foundation so at 17 you are welcome into their heart.
I can’t make your kids be good and neither can you. They still have agency. What can we do to inspire them to be good.
New Class member: Heard about the class from my sister’s friend. I have girl 4, boy 1.5. Biggest challenge---kids fight light crazy. I think they are payback for me and my little brother. They love and hate each other. I don’t know how to make them be kind.
New Class member: Lots of friends that have come to class. I have girl 9, girl 8, boy 5, girl 4. Biggest challenge---sit down and be quiet so we can have prayer and read scriptures. I’m always telling them to sit down and be quiet. The spirit’s not here. How do I instill the love of it for them. Fear of God vs Love of God.
New Class member: Heard about it from friend and sister. I teach a preschool at my home. I changed it so I could come. 13 yr girl, 9 boy, 7 boy. I have preschool to so I feel like I have it all. Her 3 yr old group right now is tough. Teenage girl is harder. I want a good relationship with her. My husband deals better with her than I do.
I want you to see that we are all in the same boat. We are all struggling. We are all living in mortality. No one ever ‘gets’ it unless you are dead. J It’s not going to be now. It’s not in this life. After a certain age it just brings on a different set of problems.
You will be working on changing you and how you react to them will change your children.
If I hear something in conference that is not on the list I will teach that. I don’t teach the classes in the same order all the time.
- House of Order---children function better with order.
- Teaching Children to feel the Spirit---they can feel it every day. Do you feel it every day?
- Competition/Cooperation---Take them out of competition.
- Praise/Encouragement---We teach them from a negative point of view. We expect them to act positive when we speak in a negative.
- Work & Responsibility---Most of our children don’t know real work. The spirit overcoming the flesh. Missionaries are putting in 10 hour days. They are discouraged and it’s hard for them. Work is more than just doing jobs.
- Service---Most are very entitled. “You owe me…” That is a dangerous thing. We need to learn how to serve.
- Gratitude---That’s part of the entitlement issue.
- Marriage---How to perk up your marriage. How to get it out of boring.
- Personal Revelation---How to receive